Palampur offers you a lot more than just its scenic beauty and natural captivity. The contrast of the valleys and the hills gives you the most heart warming feel and is sure to make you fall in love with its incredible innocence and rapturous repose. The best places in and around Palampur are ready to grasp you in as you go through the list of the must see places in Palampur of which few are stated below.
- Saurabh Van Vihar: This beautiful garden is maintained by the Himachal Pradesh Forest Department and is named after martyred Army Officer Captain Saurabh Kalia. It is a nature park enveloped by the mountain ranges of Dhauladhar in the north and northeast.
- Tea Gardens: Also known as the ‘Tea Capital of North India’, Palampur has also been given the title of a green hill station. Come here and take a deep breath to feel the aura of the greeneries. And yes, don’t forget to buy some tea packets for your loved ones back home.
- Chamunda Devi Temple: For all the spiritual selves, Palampur has a lot to offer to you in the names of temples. Chamunda Devi Temple boasts of featuring among the 51 Shakti Peethas. So come relish the strength of this temple and reiterate your faiths and believes.
- Baijnath Shiva Temple: A resemblance to Jagannath Temple in Puri, Baijnath shiva Temple of Palampur is an architectural visual marvel. The significance of this temple makes it a must for all the spiritual devotees.
- Kangra Fort: Also known as Nagar Kot, this fort in Palampur is constructed on the confluence of Banganga and Manjhi rivers. The major highlight is the Laxmi Narayan temple within the fort.
- Tashi Jong Monastery: More of a community than a religious centre of Buddhists, Tashi Jong Monastery let you experience the simple yet rejuvenating environment of a Buddhist Monastery with portray prayer flags around the curved roofs.
- Dhauladhar National Park: Also known as Gopalpur zoo, it’s a perfect place for wildlife enthusiasts. It is one of the major tourist attractions in Palampur.
- Shobha Singh’s Art Gallery: An art gallery and one of the most promising attractions in Palampur, this art gallery gives you the taste of fine art dating back